Saturday, December 29, 2007

RSS Feeds for Teachers

A recent post to Carl Anderson's Techno Constructivist blog includes a list of RSS feeds that may be of interest to teachers. (Need a refresher on RSS? See this short video.) Scroll down Carl's post to see lists of subject-specific blogs.

Although the Techno Constructivist blog mentions the use of Bloglines as an RSS reader, I've recently begun using Google Reader. I started out using the reader feature built into Internet Explorer 7.0, but since I'm still (to my frustration!) using two laptops, I decided to use a Web-based reader. Now I can access my feeds whether I'm on my MacBook or Compaq.

Are you interested in setting up your own RSS reader? I'd be thrilled to help! Just email me or stop in the tech office. Some teachers are using RSS feeds to provide selected content for their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are being moderated for school appropriateness by the blog author. Your comments will not be published immediately. Thank you for your patience.