Monday, February 11, 2008

Live from Pete & C


Sharon Geary, Tami Winters, and I are currently at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Conference (Pete & C) in Hershey. We are off to a great start, after some hair-raising experiences traveling down here over the weekend. Sharon came in on Saturday and found herself face-to-face with a tractor trailer that did a nice little spin in front of her--but managed not to jackknife! Tami and I turned a 4-hour trip into an 8-hour excursion yesterday when we sat in traffic for two hours and went 9.8 miles. That was after we went through a complete whiteout near Strattanville. But hey, we bonded!

This morning's keynote speaker was David Pogue of the NY Times. www.davidpogue.com. He did an outstanding and often hilarious presentation on technology tools he predicts our students (and hopefully their teachers as well) will be using in the future. He closed with a great version of "I Did it My Way," substituting "I Want an iPhone!" for the lyrics.

I just completed a session on using Web 2.0 tools in the elementary classroom, which was presented by a 3rd grade PA teacher. I can't wait to share what I've learned with our KES staff. My next two workshops are also on applications for elementary classrooms, so I feel some "Tech Tuesdays" coming on!

Stay tuned for more info from Hershey . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are being moderated for school appropriateness by the blog author. Your comments will not be published immediately. Thank you for your patience.