I participated in a webinar today offered by Discovery Education, which highlighted some updates to their programs. So what's new with Unitedstreaming? (I guess the proper name is currently Discovery Education Streaming.)
- Students are now permitted to have their own accounts, usernames, and passwords! They will be able to search for and then save videos and other content in their "My Content" area.
- Teachers can save videos, images, quizzes, assignments, etc. in the "Student Center," and students can login to access them.
- Discovery Atlas now includes Mexico, Japan, India, and France, and content on Gettysburg will be added soon.
- Each video clip has now been aligned to the PA Standards by educators. (Discovery contracts with a company that updates all state standards in real time.) Each clip also now has a description available.
- The "Advanced Search" has been streamlined.
- Images and videos can now be added to writing prompts.
- Content is added quarterly; the next update is scheduled for July.
Take a look at the updated web site for yourself. Go to www.discoveryeducation.com, login, and start exploring. Keystone teachers--If you forget how to login or need to create an account, just email me for information. I'll plan to do some training sessions in the fall to familiarize you with the new and improved Discovery Education!