Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Producing Videos with Animoto

Animoto is a free service that allows you to produce videos complete with music. You are limited to 30-second videos (12-15 photos) for free but have the option of producing longer videos for $3. Animoto Education offers additional services for educators. I signed up for an account tonight, but it takes a day or two for approval. I will write more about Animoto as I learn more.

Check out this video of tonight's Homecoming Parade that I created as I experimented with Animoto. I wish I could have included more pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Barb, that was a Great video!
    Sue Staley

    ReplyDelete
  2. this isn't a video

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous
    You're right . . . this isn't a "video" in the usual sense since it doesn't consist of film taken with a video camera. However, we've stretched the definition of "video" with the emergence of Photo Story 3, Voicethreads, and other free and often online tools that use images, voice, and music to create stories. Animoto calls it a "video," so that's good enough for me! :)
    Mrs. Wit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Animoto specifies on what a video is? Even though some call it a story, and others a video, isn't it really an audial slide show preset to run with music in a sequenced order? By the way, what program did you use? = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anonymous #2
    I built the slideshow in Animoto. I didn't use any other special software. I just uploaded the pictures and the music, and Animoto did the rest!
    Mrs. Wit

    ReplyDelete

Comments are being moderated for school appropriateness by the blog author. Your comments will not be published immediately. Thank you for your patience.