The second year of our "Classrooms for the Future" (CFF) project is getting underway. An update:
- With our $45,170 grant, we've purchased equipment for eight additional "smart" classrooms. This equipment includes multimedia projectors, interactive whiteboards, wireless access points, speakers, and printers/scanners/copiers. In addition, we ordered eight teacher Macbooks as well as eleven more student Macbooks to supplement the laptops on our existing four carts.
- We are in the process of scheduling Apple's two-day "out-of-the-box" training for the new CFF teachers, who include Mrs. Beggs, Mr. Bessler, Mr. Heath, Mrs. Heller, Mr. Irwin, Mr. Reed, Mr. Sundling, and Mr. Warner. We hope to hold the training here at Keystone and host CFF teachers from other districts in our region.
- Our new CFF teachers received their Macbooks this week and are currently attempting to think like a Mac instead of a PC!
- We are also in the process of scheduling the installation of the new equipment by an Apple subcontractor.
- Both last year's and this year's CFF teachers are enrolled in the required online Embedded Learning courses. CFF teachers must take two 30-hour courses to fulfill the grant obligations established by the PA Department of Education.
- A substitute librarian has been interviewed to replace CFF coach Sharon Geary and will hopefully join our faculty very soon.