Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Kindle Meets the iPod Touch




I continue to be intrigued by my iPod Touch . . .

You've probably heard about the Kindle, Amazon's wireless reading device. Kindle owners can download books from Amazon.com at a reduced price ($9.99 for a best seller and less for others) to read on their Kindles. Newspapers and magazines are also available for download.

But did you know that you can also get a free Kindle app for your iPod Touch or iPhone? I downloaded the app, and it was sent directly to my iPod via my wireless Internet connection in a matter of seconds. However, I still wasn't sure how I would like reading a book on such a small screen. To test it, I scoured Amazon's Kindle store for a free book to test. Yes, there are FREE books for both the Kindle and the Kindle iPod app! I found a romance novel that appealed to me, and it was downloaded in a flash.

Surprisingly, I don't mind reading the book on the iPod. I don't think I'd want to read War and Peace on the small screen--Okay, I don't want to read War and Peace from a book, either--but it really isn't bad. The screen is backlit and the text large enough that it doesn't cause eyestrain. And the iPod saves my place when I stop reading. I can reopen the Kindle app later and pick up where I left off.

The Kindle app on the iPod Touch allows you to carry your favorite books wherever you go!

Image: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/digital/kindle/lassen/touch-side-by-side._V250440637_.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are being moderated for school appropriateness by the blog author. Your comments will not be published immediately. Thank you for your patience.