Thanks for sharing, Erin!
1. You don't have to stand at the front of the room.
2. You'll get a clearer sense of what works when you sit with your students.
3. You can provide instant feedback for students.
4. You can create more dialogue with students.
5. You will see improved student motivation.
50 Sites and Apps for Digital Storytelling
"Educators can use digital storytelling w/ almost any subject and can even "flip" their classroom by using mobile apps."
Geekspeak: Speaking and Listening in a Digital Age
"Speaking and listening. We do it every day for countless reasons. Routine interactions, brief exchanges, or thoughtful diatribes propel us through everything from the most mundane tasks to critical life events. Therefore, it’s not surprising that speaking and listening have earned a prominent place in our K–12 standard documents, including the widely endorsed Common Core State Standards (CCSS)."